Its been a very busy summer for us! Getting the PFx Brick project in motion has required a great deal of time and energy and a lot more will be required to keep up the momentum! We want to give you an update to let you know what we have achieved and the status of the project.
1. Reward Surveys: All surveys were sent out late June and we have received 389 out of 410 surveys (95%). Please take a moment to complete your survey if you have not done so already, it will help us with more precise production quantities.
i. 98% of all the electronic components have been ordered, with around 96% received already. Unfortunately, we have long lead delivery notices for the Bluetooth modules and some of the Flash memory devices. We've been told to expect them Sep-Oct depending on factory supplies. For the flash memory, we are sourcing alternative compatible devices to speed up delivery.
ii. All of the picoLEDs have been ordered from Brickstuff including the add-on quantities offered during July.
iii. All Light Accessory Boards (LABs) modules have been ordered for manufacture by our Chinese supplier.
4. PFx Brick Volume Production: We have completed our design for the volume production panel for the PFx Brick printed circuit board (PCB). This panel not only allows for rapid manufacturing, but it also includes customized smart features that let us test and program PFx Bricks directly in the production panel even before they are separated for final assembly! This will dramatically accelerate integration and testing and let us catch assembly defects earlier in the production process.
7. More accessories: We have added some additional accessories to the store including:
- 4x packs for Fx LEDs and Fx LED extension cables
- 512 mm lengths for LED and Speaker extension cables
We're really excited to get the PFx Brick into production and we'll continue to work hard to deliver them to you as soon as we can!
We think 421 must be our lucky number! We had 421 awesome backers on our last campaign, and now we have to thank another 421 awesome backers for making the PFx Brick a reality! Of the 421, we would like to especially acknowledge the repeat backers who came back and supported us on this campaign. It is your faith in this project which made it all possible and gave us the motivation to launch again.
We're going to be opening our web store very soon to start accepting pre-orders on the PFx Brick as well as its associated accessories. Many of you were wondering about getting multiple rewards for your pledge. We're going to try to make this happen using the Kickstarter reward survey platform as best we can. Also, if you want to add more items to your reward (now that your pledge is locked in)--you will be able to do this on our web store with a special coupon code which will alert us to add it to your reward and combine the shipping. More details will follow once we get the system up and running.
We're super-excited to get the production of the PFx Brick going! We will have a lot to do in the next few weeks, and will do the best we can to respond to your questions and feedback--even if it might take us a little longer to do so!
Our new Kickstarter campaign launches Jun 1, 2017 and will run for 20 days until Jun 21. Please go to our Kickstarter campaign page to find out more and pledge your support to make the PFx Brick a reality!
Since the conclusion of our Kickstarter campaign in April, we have been very busy regrouping our efforts to relaunch a new Kickstarter campaign for the PFx Brick. Here's what we have been working on:
1. PFx Brick V4 Prototype
2. PFx Brick Cost
Therefore, the only action we can take to keep the cost the same is by substituting injection molding with 3D printing. On this basis, we can keep the cost of the PFx Brick the same as before:
Ideally, we would have preferred to have an injection molded brick enclosure; however, our volumes cannot justify this expense. We will have a stretch goal for injection molding corresponding to sufficient volume to justify this production method.
3. 3D Printing
4. PFx Lite Brick
Here's a comparison of the PFx Brick models that we are offering in the Kickstarter campaign: