PFx Brick for Trains Part 1: Installation
- Syncronized control of two motors each with a dedicated motor driver channel.
- Adjustable speed curves to suit locomotive type.
- Adjustable limits on both minimum and maximum speed.
- Simulation of momemtum with programmable acceleration and deceleration rates.
- Smart directional headlights.
- Special light effects such as flashing ditch lights, MARS/Gyralite beacons, flickering fire boxes, dimming, and much more.
- On command sound effects for bells, whistles, horns, prime movers, chuffing, brake squeel, couplers, compressors, machinery, crossing gates, and much more.
The video shown below is the first of a two part series which discusses the installation aspects of fitting a PFx Brick to a typical LEGO® train. In this video, we modify the locomotive that is part of the City freight train set #7939. However, the techniques and methods shown are equally applicable to virtually any LEGO® train. The challenges a builder will face are the usual factors such as space and clearance for items such as wiring, motors, battery boxes, etc.
- Bi-directional head and tail lights consisting of a pair of 3 mm LEDs at each end.
- Two Power Functions™ train motor bogies each connected to a dedicated motor channel.
- M Speaker brick for sound effects.
- Rechargeable battery box with top-mounted access to power switch and recharge port.
- Side access doors to allow easy connection of a USB cable to the PFx Brick for programming and configuration.